List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: About icon RMB menus
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-11-27 23:32:44

Michael Pye wrote:
> On Thursday 27 November 2003 03:45, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>

>>I have to tell you that I don't like: "Copy To" and "Move To".  So, I would
>>just forget about them.  To be blunt about this, it, I see no reason for
>>them to be there.  I suppose that this is somebody's pet project and
>>various people thing that it is cool (or Kool) but it shouldn't be on the
>>context menu.
>

> I'm afraid they're still there because of the large number of users reported
> making regular use of them in real life.

OK.  Like I said, I could only report that I never use them and can's see why they are needed.

I can add that I have no data on this because I can not remember anyone ever asking about
them on the help lists.  That is probably a good thing.

Then OTOH, I started with KDE 1.x where your only choice was to drag and drop.  So, I
either use drag and drop or I use cut/copy and paste.

If there was a "Link To", I might use that.  But only because it isn't simple to create a
link in the same directory.  Like it was with KDE 1.x.

--
JRT