List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Easy way to copy a file to a floppy
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-22 1:29:21

Hi

Am Mit, den 22.10.2003 schrieb Vedran Ljubovic um 09:13:
> Yannick Cholette je napisao/la:
>
> > > At	a time,  Corel	had a  fork  of konqueror  with  entries for  each
> > > partition under the root. I think this was a good idea.
> >
> > I imagined something similar back then. Look at
> http://oldnes.sourceforge.net/home_mod1.png
>
> This is possible to do just by editing and rearranging some files in .kde
> directory, at least for the Konq sidebar. I started doing something like
> this a while ago, but stumbled upon some problems I couldn't solve. My
> idea was actually to put all the sidebar tabs in a single rootless tree
> and then remove the tab widget.
> I remember reading on the dot that this is known as "the old sidebar" and
> there should be a config option somewhere in Konqueror to activate it.
> Does anyone have some more info? Any sone interested in working on a
> Windows/Xandros style sidebar?

Basically everything for a multi rooted sidebar view is (still) there,
except the configuration GUI :(  Had no time to add it. As you
mentioned, doing it by hand is not really easy. But if people are
interested in it I could move the GUI for creating such a view higher on
my todo list as a post 3.2 feature.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger