List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Email checking in KMail
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-21 17:25:57

Hi Christoph,

On Montag, 20. Oktober 2003 12:28, Christoph Niemann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my colleague was thinking about the email checking function of KMail. Right
> now, you can set an time interval to check emails. What do you think about
> a function to set specific times (i.e. check at 9:00, 12:00, 13:00 and
> 19:00) to check for emails? The reason for that is the high interruption
> time caused by frequent email alerts.

Setting email checks to fixed times in a whole workgroup would certainly make
your sysadmin kill you ;-) Usually you have synchronized clocks in a
workgroup environment and thus the email checks would produce very high
traffic and load on the server. People would soon complain about the slow
server.

But your point is very valid and I agree with you. Though as a simple solution
I'd change the default values. I also like the work modes suggested by
Friedrich.

A note about my own setting: Emails are checked every 10 minutes and no popup,
sound or similar.

Greetings,
eva