List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Ark description: 'Zip' vs 'Compression' vs 'Archiver'
From:       Gordon Tyler <gordon () doxxx ! net>
Date:       2003-08-21 20:32:46

William Leese wrote:
> The problem is that ark does both. Because there is limited space to
> describe the application you have to prioritize either the archiving
> aspect or the compression ascept. Unless we can agree that we can use
> 'File Compressor/Archiver'? I don't like this approach, because it'll
> lead to lengthly descriptions.

My personal opinion is that people who are looking for a tool like Ark
are looking for something that compresses their files. And I don't think
most people would distinguish between being able to compress a single
file and archive multiple files into a single file, and I think they
would assume that a file compressor could compress multiple files into
one file.

Therefore, I suggest "File Compressor" is better.

Ciao,
Gordon