List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: K Menu: Name (Description) -> Description (Name)
From:       Gav Wood <gav () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-20 20:40:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> > Are you sure there was "general consensus".  I'm a regular reader of that
> > list and I can't find messages to prove your affirmation. I think most
> > people in the mailing list kept themselves out of this discussion.
> >
> > Fell free to give me links to messages that show your affirmation is
> > true. I can find only few messages on this subject and not all of them
> > support your idea.

i, for one, would suggest description (name) is the most sensible options for
the default.

<record state="broken">
to take your kword/OOo example, new users using only default settings, getting
used to their system and the apps around them will surely find a descriptive
label more useful than an (often arbitrary and perplexing) name.
</record>

--
Gav Wood <gav@kde.org>

codito ergo non satis bibivi