List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KSnapshot
From:       William Leese <yatsu () wanadoo ! nl>
Date:       2003-08-16 17:16:08

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

>On Saturday 16 August 2003 09:41, William Leese wrote:
>

>>Place the preview, Save, Save As... and Print... in a frame named
>>'Screenshot'.
>>

>unecessary clutter; doesn't look very nice. it's pretty obvious what one is
>doing: it's called KSnapshot, the button says New Snapshot, and there's a
>picture of the current snapshot on the left =)

I wasn't able to identify the picture as being a screenshot that was
just created. I assumed for a short while that it would change depending
on the Capture mode selected. Somekind of label would help.

>>Move 'New Screenshot' next to the 'Quit' button.
>>

>far from the preview and the other action buttons? nah...

On second thought, that would be a bad idea because it can't be
considered anything like 'OK', 'Apply' or 'Quit'.

>>Change capture mode 'Region' to 'Select Region'
>>

>does this work with the phrasing of the other options?

Not quite, but the word 'Region' does not indicate how the region is
obtained as opposed to 'Window Under Cursor'.

Another nitpick: the screensaver and background preview images are
located on the right, with controls on the left. It makes alot of sense
to do the same for ksnapshot.

- wvl