List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMenuEdit vs. direct manipulation [was: Re: RMB - once again]
From:       Troels Tolstrup <troels () tolstrup ! org>
Date:       2003-08-15 22:02:12

On Friday 15 August 2003 22:16, Sander Devrieze wrote:
> I agree with this, but IMO it's much better to show a popup dialog when
> the user tries to move an item in the menu (maybe accidentially!). In
> this popup people can read that they have to use the menueditor for this
> (eventually with a button to start an interactive tutorial which show how
> to do this).

Then why not ask if they want to move the menu item? This would allow
"inline" menu rearranging, without making you rearrange things by accident.
(i personally have hated the menu editor from the first time i saw it, and
i still find it silly that you actually need to launch a program to
rearrange the menu)