List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: relevantive - korganizer
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-14 19:56:28

On Thursday 14 August 2003 01:23, Simon Edwards wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> On Thursday 14 August 2003 02:26, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 August 2003 04:09, Simon Edwards wrote:
> > > Make the text field the most important part of the dialog. Move it to
> > > the top left, stack the "Date and Time" group as a column and move it
> > > to the right side.
> >
> > UI file?
>
> http://www.simonzone.com/software/kdegui/organiser_event.ui
>
> and
>
> http://www.simonzone.com/software/kdegui/organiser_event.png

=)

> * I've got some big date and time widgets in there right now, mainly
> because I want the date to be shown as text since mixed numbers and text
> has been shown to be the most readable. The date picker pop probably still
> needs to be worked in there some how. Also it would be better if the
> day-of-week was also shown in front of the dates too.

what's wrong with keeping the current single combo that pops up a calendar,
but altering how it displays the date in the lineedit?

> * The turn-the-checkbox-on to turn-the-times-off checkbox has been fixed.
> ("Use hours and minutes")

i actually find this more confusing =/ i didn't know what "Use hours and
minutes" meant at first, whereas "No associated time" is immediately
apparent?

> * The "Play Sound" and "Run Program" stuff should be a bit clearer.
> Although we're a bit cramped for space in that area.

how about a new tab for reminders and give ourselves lots of space? "Give
reminder" is nice and short, but probably difficult to understand. if there
was more space, a longer and more descriptive label could be used?

> * The Categories input is now labeled properly.

well, yes and no... the "Select..." is not very well associated visually with
the Categories area... to be honest, i prefer the current button placement.

> * Does one 'Apply' a Template? Load a Template? or what?

good question... "Use Template..."?

also, what happens when you select "Recurring event"? i see that tab is
completely missing in your screenshot?

- --
Aaron J. Seigo