List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: relevantive - korganizer
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2003-08-14 19:23:30

Hello again,

On Thursday 14 August 2003 02:26, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 August 2003 04:09, Simon Edwards wrote:
> > Make the text field the most important part of the dialog. Move it to the
> > top left, stack the "Date and Time" group as a column and move it to the
> > right side.
> UI file?

http://www.simonzone.com/software/kdegui/organiser_event.ui

and

http://www.simonzone.com/software/kdegui/organiser_event.png

The idea here is to put the most important information in the #1 reading
position. The time and description are now in the top left corner. The
biggest blankest area is where the description and text is entered. It should
be hard to miss now. Most of the other stuff has been moved to the edges.

Notes:

* I've got some big date and time widgets in there right now, mainly because I
want the date to be shown as text since mixed numbers and text has been shown
to be the most readable. The date picker pop probably still needs to be
worked in there some how. Also it would be better if the day-of-week was also
shown in front of the dates too.

* The turn-the-checkbox-on to turn-the-times-off checkbox has been fixed.
("Use hours and minutes")

* The "Play Sound" and "Run Program" stuff should be a bit clearer. Although
we're a bit cramped for space in that area.

* The Categories input is now labeled properly.

* Some others labels have been rewritten.

* Does one 'Apply' a Template? Load a Template? or what?

* Reinserting the Reminder bell icon probably isn't a bad idea.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon@simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/