List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: relevantive - korganizer
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2003-08-14 20:30:26

On Thursday 14 August 2003 21:56, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > * I've got some big date and time widgets in there right now, mainly
> > because I want the date to be shown as text since mixed numbers and text
> > has been shown to be the most readable. The date picker pop probably still
> > needs to be worked in there some how. Also it would be better if the
> > day-of-week was also shown in front of the dates too.
>
> what's wrong with keeping the current single combo that pops up a calendar,
> but altering how it displays the date in the lineedit?

That's sounds cool.

> > * The turn-the-checkbox-on to turn-the-times-off checkbox has been fixed.
> > ("Use hours and minutes")
>
> i actually find this more confusing =/ i didn't know what "Use hours and
> minutes" meant at first, whereas "No associated time" is immediately
> apparent?

My concern is that normal people may not clearly distinguish between Dates and
Times.

> > * The "Play Sound" and "Run Program" stuff should be a bit clearer.
> > Although we're a bit cramped for space in that area.
>
> how about a new tab for reminders and give ourselves lots of space? "Give
> reminder" is nice and short, but probably difficult to understand. if there
> was more space, a longer and more descriptive label could be used?

Possibly, but the dialog already has 3(!) tabs.1

> > * The Categories input is now labeled properly.
>
> well, yes and no... the "Select..." is not very well associated visually
with
> the Categories area...

"Select..." isn't so great, I agree.

> to be honest, i prefer the current button placement.

At least for me it is not clear what the label on the lineedit is. The button
is doing double duty, and normally buttons that let you select something to
put in a lineedit (Kmail's "To:" for example) come _after_ the lineedit.

> > * Does one 'Apply' a Template? Load a Template? or what?
>
> good question... "Use Template..."?

I think "Use Template" works better.

> also, what happens when you select "Recurring event"? i see that tab is
> completely missing in your screenshot?

That's called not being able to find how you add an extra tab in qt-designer.
=)

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon@simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/