List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: RMB - once again
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () lagoaminas ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-08-10 13:04:08

On Sunday 10 August 2003 09:23, Sander Devrieze wrote:
> It's only a part of the proposal...but of course first a dialog should ask
> if the user wants it.

I'm not sure I like it, anyway.

> IMO there are 2 solutions to solve this:
> 1) Switch it off and loose functionallity like you said. (Gnome style of
> doing things)

I was not proposing this. I need a working system now. The stable version is
now 3.1.3 and there is no option for achieving my needs in it. So I disable
it until a better solution exists in the stable series.

> 2) Solve the problem that it isn't clear that it's something else.
> I prefer the last solution :)

Me too...

> > How would your proposal eliminate the "my menu changed w/o telling me"
> > problem? It is one of the most common problems I know now. In my school,
> > I had to disable dynamic menu entries everywhere in KDE, because most of
> > our userbase (around 600 people) was getting confused by it.
>
> Like I said above, I think this can be solved by making the difference
> between static and dynamic menus clear. Also the dynamic menu proposal for
> MIME types will change several x times less than the recent apps list.

Any ideas for making the dynamic menus clearly different of the static menus?

Although both colors and a menu title were proposed, I still don't think it
would be clear enough.

--
	Henrique Pinto
	stampede@coltec.ufmg.br