List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: RMB - once again
From:       Adrian Bool <aid () logic ! org ! uk>
Date:       2003-08-10 13:00:21

On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 01:07  pm, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> How would your proposal eliminate the "my menu changed w/o telling me"
> problem? It is one of the most common problems I know now. In my
> school, I
> had to disable dynamic menu entries everywhere in KDE, because most of
> our
> userbase (around 600 people) was getting confused by it.

What if KDE should bring up a dialog box when it notices an
application that is not already in the ''most recent used" list being
used regularly - suggesting that this application should be placed in
the list?

The dialog could also present a list of those applications already in
the list with check boxes to allow the user to reduce entries in that
list should they wish?

The items in this list of applications could be draggeable in order
that people may set their own preferred order.

Of course, it would need to be worded so not to be quite as aggravating
as M$'s paperclip ;-)

Regards,

aid