List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Theme Manager and Pixmap Styles.
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-04-27 12:43:35

On Sunday 27 April 2003 11:56, Alessandro Rossini wrote:
> Hi all!
> My name is Alessandro 'Aronnax' Rossini, and if you remember I'm the one
> who written the first Mac OS X like style for KDE 2, called Acqua.
> I don't know if the argument was already discussed, but I'd like to know if
> there're plans to rewrite the theme manager in order to make it support
> styles and window decorations.

The current theme manager already supports styles and window decorations
somewhat, that is, the theme can specify a certain style or window
decoration. Unfortunately it isn't possible to _include_ a specific style or
window decoration, since that would mean including compiled code.

As far as window decorations go, there is the pixmapped base icewm window
decoration engine. I think it would make sense to make that KDE's pixmapped
based window decoration of choice. I don't think icewm themes are fully
supported by the theme manager at the moment.

I'm not sure if there is a good pixmapped based widget style available at the
moment. If there is it would make sense to add support for it in the theme
manager.

Cheers,
Waldo
--