List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Focus stealing
From:       "Luke Chatburn" <lchatburn () isset ! org>
Date:       2003-03-01 11:48:34

Hi all...

There is another Linuxworld article comparing the KDE with Gnome,
specifically looking at KParts vs. Bonobo/Corba.

Nothing there to tell really... The talkbacks are the usual "KDE has too
many features..." we are getting lately (anyone remember "Gnome is better
for power users because it is more configurable!"?).

It is worth noting one thing that someone asked about:

"My one wish, whoever does this will I will adore forever, is DON'T LET
FOCUS BE TAKEN AWAY FROM THE ACTIVE WINDOW. How did this horrid intrusive
feature ever come to dominate anyway? Nothing should take focus away from
the active window, unless the user configures it that way."

a) Is it possible to turn off focus stealing already?
b) If not, can we sort this? :)

I must admit that Kopete stealing focus when it pops up message windows is
annoying... Typing in one window to suddenly find yourself typing in a
message window is irritating.

-Luke