List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Klipper
From:       Maynard Kuona <knxmay001 () mail ! uct ! ac ! za>
Date:       2002-11-02 0:52:06

Has anyone here used KBear. They have this way of letting you choose
between SDI and MDI. I do not thing it is a difficult or long thing to
code. It is certainly more preferable to forcing people to use a certain
way.

Using KBear as an example, I prefer to have the windows I am using
available in one Main window. But that is my personal preference. I do
not like desktop clutter. Some may feel differently about having too
many child window in an application.

Evolution is also another app which I feel works better with MDI rather
than SDI. This is still debatable of course.

The clipboard is also another place that would do with more options.
When I am browsing, I usually copy links in documents and then copy them
over the location in the location bar. But Klipper automatically copies
any text I select, and therefore i have to go to Klipper again to select
which text I want to paste. This
kde-usability@mail.kde.orgkde-usability@mail.kde.orgis unnecessary.
Maybe there is something that can be done, but it must be made easier
than it is right now. I don't know if anyone else views this as an
annoyance.