List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Use MDI or SDI with wisdom
From:       Martijn Klingens <martijn () martijn ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2002-11-01 11:53:12

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  But since you ask, could you first tell me how this would be useful. If I put
> external taskbar at the top, how is this different from tabs (yeah, I know it
> looks a bit different, but what's the _real_ difference)?

The taskbar grouping is done automatically, whereas the window manager
tabs are activated using an explicit user action. Basically Kwin needs an
extra API to allow apps to create tabs. Additionally users can force
windows into tabs even if the app doesn't integrate it into its GUI. But
with some nice calls it should be something like setEnableKWinTabs(true)
in KMainWindow and be done with them, the entries are put in the menu bar
automagically.
--
Martijn