List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: OFF TOPIC: Compiling cvs
From:       Carsten Wolff <AirWulf666 () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-09-03 22:57:38

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 15:32, Christoph Held wrote:
> > /opt/kde3/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
>
> please note:  /opt/kde3/ is not my install dir. My install directory is
> /opt/kde-cvs. Most paths in the Makefile are correct, some (like
> meinprog) are pointing to my kde3 installation.

So, the line in the makefile is MEINPROC=/opt/kde3/bin/meinproc? This is
wrong. What did ./configure say about KDE-Paths? Were they all subdirs of
/opt/kde-cvs? If there were some pointing to /opt/kde3, you needed to set
some ENV-variables before you configure. Here are the interesting ones:

export QTDIR="/opt/qt-copy"
export KDEDIR="/opt/kde-cvs"
export KDEDIRS="/opt/kde-cvs"
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hope this helps,

Carsten.

--
| THE K Desktop Environment: |  My very own little site:  |
|     http://www.kde.org     | http://www.wolffcarsten.de |