List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: OFF TOPIC: Compiling cvs
From:       Christoph Held <c-held () web ! de>
Date:       2002-09-04 10:48:13

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 00:57, Carsten Wolff wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 September 2002 15:32, Christoph Held wrote:

Hi Carsten,

thanks so far...:)

> What did ./configure say about KDE-Paths?

./configure
[...]
checking for mcopidl... /opt/kde-cvs/bin/mcopidl
checking for artsc-config... /opt/kde-cvs/bin/artsc-config
checking for kde-config... /opt/kde-cvs/bin/kde-config
checking for meinproc... /opt/kde3/bin/meinproc
[...]

> So, the line in the makefile is MEINPROC=/opt/kde3/bin/meinproc?

yes.

> This is wrong.

meinproc does not exist in /opt/kde-cvs/bin (after compiling and installing
arts and kdelibs). I have listed the content of /opt/kde-cvs/bin below. Is a
lot missing?

held@linux:/opt/kde-cvs/bin> ls

artsc-config  	dcopidl2cpp   	kded                   	kmailservice
artscat      	dcopobject		kdeinit                 	knotify
artsd        	 	dcopref         	kdeinit_shutdown      	kpac_dhcp_helper
artsdsp      	dcopserver       	kdeinit_wrapper         	ksendbugmail
artsmessage   	dcopserver_s.. 	kdesu_stub              	kshell
artsplay      	dcopstart       	kdontchangetheho..  	ktelnetservice
artsrec       	imagetops        	kfile                   	kwrapper
artsshell     	kab2kabc         	kimage_concat         	lnusertemp
artswrapper   	kaddprinterwi..	kinstalltheme           	make_driver_db_lpr
dcop          	kbuildsycoca  	kio_http_cache_cl..  	mcopidl
dcopclient    	kconf_update    	kio_uiserver            	preparetips
dcopfind      	kcookiejar       	kioslave                	testdhandle
dcopidl       	kde-config       	klauncher

I have removed the programm meinprog from /opt/kde3/bin and run make -f
Makefile.cvs and ./configure again. Now in the makefile the line is empty:
("MEINPROC=") . I have started make again. In a couple of hours (*g*) I can
tell if it worked :)

Cheers

Christoph