List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Clock prefs .ui
From:       Christian Lavoie <clavoie () bmed ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2002-08-26 18:56:45

On Lunes 26 Agosto 2002 14:38, Michael Pye wrote:
> On Monday 26 August 2002 7:08 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > i would suggest splitting it into three tabs:
> >
> >  o General: contains everything in the appearance, show and custom
> > colours group boxes. Yes, i know that some of those settings don't apply
> > to all the cock styles. who cares. let the user set all of them, the
> > style will just ignore those that aren't applicable.
> >
> >  o Type: Pick a clock type and set the type-specific options here
> >
> >  o Timezones: just like in CVS
>
> More like this?
>
> Having done it, I can probably agree. I'm not too sure which tab should
> come first though, Type or General?

Well, the prototype I was working on puts Type first, because it's the 'master
option'. It's really the first thing you want to set. Think about it this
way. You have the default clock (new user, new default install, no
customization whatsoever), and you want the digital one. What are you gonna
set first? The font ofthe digital clock, or the digitalness of the clock?

Type should go first =)

----

A few quick comments: I don't quite believe that 'Show seconds' and 'Show
date' belong in Appearance.

Preview should ALWAYS be visible.

------

My take's at it is attached.

Have fun,
Chris

--
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Christian Lavoie, clavoie@bmed.mcgill.ca
http://www.christianlavoie.com

["clock-panel-chris-0.2.0.ui" (application/x-designer)]