List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: List archives + KDE CVS and Icons control module
From:       Michael Pye <mp () fuckmicrosoft ! com>
Date:       2002-08-22 16:21:49

On Thursday 22 August 2002 2:53 pm, Poletti Don wrote:

> Redoing a single dialog is a good starting point. You might want to
> consider the overall problem (as I see it) That the styles/themes can
> change these settings and its not entirely obvious how the interact.
> So while you doing this think about how the whole theme/style plus
> colors/icons/.... should be done.

Well, I'm not too sure about themes, but IMHO the style page should have the
preview at the top and four tabbed pages below, Style, Effects and Misc as at
present, and also the Colours tab. This way the preview would be shared and
would better reflect the overall outcome. Just my two cents, I'll move on to
something to try and demonstrate the virtues of my suggestion after I've
finished with the Icons page. :)

Personally, I think it is difficult to work with the theme manager because it
encompasses so much. Ideally, shouldn't the theme manager encompass
everything in the look and feel branch, but nothing else? Obviously this is
now difficult because of the (perfectly logical) window management branch...

I'll stick to Icons for now as I can't see a good way to integrate it with
anything else at the moment.

Cheers.

MP