List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: How about a first-time interactive tutorial
From:       Electronic Eric <whalesuit () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-08-21 18:30:21

> > Why not use KOffice's presentation tool?
>
> great idea except that kpresenter can't save self-executing presentations
> and not everyone will have koffice installed. we need to stick to what we
> can get in kdelibs and kdebase.

I think we should get started on what we want in the tutorial, and worry about
filling in the animations and effects later.  In my experience, changing
formats is the least of our worries.

HTML is a great way to get some kind of tutorial on paper.  Use whatever you
like to generate it.

So in that spirit, here's a brief start.
http://kde-usability.dnsalias.net/eeric/tutorial/

Hack it to pieces if you like, just add, add, add to it!

Cheers,

Eric