List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: How about a first-time interactive tutorial?
From:       Irwin K <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-08-22 1:27:33

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 11:13 am, Sander Devrieze wrote:
> Op woensdag 21 augustus 2002 15:58, schreef Sander Devrieze:
> <snip>
>
> > oSomething that maybe is interesting to implement if the tutorial will
> > use multimedia-stuff like videos, music,...(to keep the kde-packages
> > small): Dowloading automatically these big optional material from a
> > server when an internetconnection is detected and the user want it.
>
> o Maybe it's also interesting that the tutorial automaticaly can see if
> there are updates/new tutorials online and download them.

I don't think a user who's used KDE for six months would be interested in
downloading a new movie telling them how to use the Desktop.  I don't like
the idea of "automatic updaters".  They're intrusive and annoying.  If we
make the link obvious enough, it can instead appear online on KDE's homepage.

--
-- Arcana  (Irwin)