List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KDE Control Center
From:       Christoph Held <c-held () web ! de>
Date:       2002-08-06 21:35:17

On Tuesday 06 August 2002 17:52, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 August 2002 01:19 am, Christoph Held wrote:

> Which kcm modules will be hidden?

I don't want to go into details because it's not a current topic (I also don't
have cvs access - so you don't have to be scared kcm moduls will just
disappear ;-)  ).
Let's look at (the not yet finished) kpersonalizer: There is a "feel"
manager/wizard, a speed manager/wizard and a "look" manager/wizard. One can
configure the desktop very easy and with very few mouse clicks.These manager
are good  for the majority but are not flexible enough for everyone. If one
compares kcontrol look & feel  with kpersonalizer, the section looks
cluttert, messy and difficult. I would suggest to put only 3-6 managers/
wizards in the look & feel section. These wizards are supposed to be task
oriented and guess what the user wants. Then provide additonal methods to
further customize the desktop e.g. advance settings buttons, customize tabs,
or simply move all the current kcm moduls in a look&feel->advanced settings
subtree. Again, not a current topic.

Greetings

Christoph