List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Opinions on gnome2 / KDE - continued. screenshots!
From:       Michael Peligro <mikepeligro () philwebinc ! com>
Date:       2002-07-25 9:19:11

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 1:16 am, wvl wrote:

> Gnome2 handles this inconsistently, but the solution when available is an
> elegant one.
>
> See http://home.wanadoo.nl/yatsu/gnome2_contextmenu.png

In reference to the screenshot:

The "Remove from panel" is more explanatory than the simple "Remove" word in
KDE.

I'd like to suggest new wordings:

a. "Remove <Appname> shortcut from panel"
            OR
b. "Remove <Appname> from panel"

I prefer letter a option. IMHO, it's more explanatory. A user will say, "Hey,
I can remove it from this panel. It's just a shorcut anyway", or something
like that.

After removing it, a feedback, or reminder dialog will appear, saying
something like this:

If you want to add this <Appname> shortcut again, Right-click on the panel,
Choose Add -> Applet -> System Monitor

                 <Close button>

Is it possible to make this "intelligent", so the dialog correctly points to
the proper path, e.g. Choose Add -> Applet -> System Monitor (when removing
System Monitor) or Choose Add -> Special button -> K Menu (when removing K
Menu), depending on the shortcut that's being removed?

Michael Peligro