List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: file dialog section of eugenia's article
From:       "Eugenia Loli-Queru" <eloli () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-07-12 0:25:38

> and how do you explain to a user that they can't select the
back/forward/etc
> selections from the menu when they have something selected? this would be
> particularly bad when you use the detalied view since how to deselect an
item
> isn't exactly obvious for most.

Then, it should be done as WinXP does it:
There should not be any navigation options inside the file/folder area via
rmb. Only file/folder assosiated options should be there. The navigation
should then be done from the icons above the file area, which now they are
not going to be as many icons as we put a lot of them under the "Extras"
menu, so it would be a cleaner area. In fact, the Back, Parent Directory etc
options are also duplicated with the rmb menu, as the Home Directory option
one is. If you remove the Home option from the rmb, it makes sense to remove
the navigation options too.
Maybe we should leave the navigation functionality to the icons for it and
additionally, possibly, to a keystroke..

Regards,
Eugenia