List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: A small KMenu simplification
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2002-07-11 4:39:23

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 08:31:24AM -0500, Eric Christopherson wrote:
> Where did the konsole button widget (also apparently the same one whereby
> one can pick different locations from history in Konqueror) come from, anyway?
> I don't know offhand of any other GUI that has that behavior, except maybe
> some MacOS apps where you hold down the button for a context menu.
>
> It's very handy, EXCEPT for the requirement that you hold down the button.
> Can't we either have it accessible via RMB, via a small arrow to the side,
> or both (as Windows does it), or maybe all three? :)

Well, I tried out HEAD for the first time in a month yesterday, and found
that the menuext "Terminal Sessions" buttons no longer acts like I described
-- it simply pops up a menu when pressed. When did the behavior change? Is
it possible it will go back to the old model, or will adopt the Windows-like
model I described?

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^