List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kcontrol
From:       Joseph Manojlovich <josephm () mail ! sis ! pitt ! edu>
Date:       2002-07-09 19:51:25

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Simon Edwards wrote:

> But, yeah, the hardware info modules need to be moved into tabs, and the
> information category removed.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Put the hardware information right by
the options for the software that uses it. However, I doubt Bob would
find the current data displayed in the Information tabs useful. Most
are just cats of /proc/devicename -- even I don't know how to read a
lot of them.

Has anyone ever tried to make a real GUI for this, a la the Windows
Device Manager?

--
Joe Manojlovich
josephm@sis.pitt.edu