List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: A small KMenu simplification
From:       Poletti Don <Don.Poletti () comverse ! com>
Date:       2002-07-09 17:05:32

>> I think (and hope!) QT does *not* have that feature because
>this would be
>> against *all* style guides I know. I think we do not want
>this in KDE...
>
>I'm trying to make sure I understand this. Do you (Don) mean a
>menu item
>which has a submenu, but which has some default action
>assigned to it when
>clicked? I'm thinking of a type of menu entry in OS/2 and
>IceWM, where there
>is a small arrow over to the right and if you click that
>arrow, a submenu
>pops out, but if you click anywhere else in the item, it
>selects a default
>action.

Yes that is basically one option I had asked about but a least
two people said that had been done or thought of an it had
been decided that was a bad way to do it. Actually I believe
that W2K does this with the control panel menu.

I like what Having the "all" option at the top of the
preference menu.

KMenu
Preferences ->| All Controls | (Or Control Center)
Menu item     | - - - - - - -| (Separator line)
...           | Look & Feel  |
              | Sound        |
              | Mouse        |