List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Help with the UI of Lyrics plugin config dialog
From:       Ismael Orenstein <ismore () ieg ! com ! br>
Date:       2002-07-07 20:41:41

Hey there!

I'm the author of the Lyrics noatun plugin in the kdeaddons module and I'm
having some problems designing it's config dialog.

Basicly, in the config dialog you can configure "search providers" (a better
name for it would be good too), which are sites where you can find lyrics for
the current song (for example, songmeanings.net, lyrics.astraweb.com,
getlyrics.com, even google)

You can have several of these search providers and their order is pretty
important (the first one in the list is the default, and the second should be
the second best, etc). For each search provider you have (for now) two
associated properties: it's name and it's search query (that is used by a
KHTML part to find the lyrics).

I thought that a KEditListBox would be good to this, as it could handle
adding, removing, and moving itens automatically for me. However, I couldn't
find a way to make the query KLineEdit look associated with it. As you can
see from the attached snapshot, it seems as they are unrelated.

What do you suggest? Should I forget about KEditListBox (and throw away all
the benefits it gives?)? Or there is a way of redoing it's layout so that the
items properties seem more related ?

(and on related note, how do I make the text on that label more informative?)

Thanks a lot for your help!

[]'s

ps: I'm not subscribed to kde-usability, please cc any reply to me.

--
Ismael Orenstein (UIN 1293061)
ismore@ieg.com.br