List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KFileDialog take 2
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-01 4:27:19

On Sunday 30 June 2002 06:45 pm, Troels Tolstrup wrote:
> My conclusion on this thing is that i see many reasons as to why the
> temporary files thing should point to a dir in the users home
> directory, while i see no reasons as to why it should point to /tmp.

I think you have to take into account where this is coming from. This feature
isn't there because a lot of users want to make/open temporary files, this
feature is there because one of the developers appearantly occasionally needs
to access his /tmp directory. (Ie. personally I use /tmp/a as a clipboard)

I don't see a strong need for "Temporary Files" and I don't see a strong need
for "Root" either. The other ones could be usefull if it weren't for the fact
that there is quite some redundancy between Documents and Home and that
clicking on "Network" results in an ugly error message.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian@suse.com