List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KFileDialog take 2
From:       ttolst () tiscali ! dk
Date:       2002-07-01 18:19:55

d)

If that is indeed why it is there, then i think it should go away, especi=
ally
since the developer could then use the bookmark feature (if they always
use the same username that is)

>I don't see a strong need for "Temporary Files" and I don't see a strong=

>need
>for "Root" either.

I agree, i never even considered removing the temporary files, but instea=
trying to figure out how to make the item more user friendly.

 The other ones could be usefull if it weren't for the
>fact
>that there is quite some redundancy between Documents and Home and that

>clicking on "Network" results in an ugly error message.

I think the documents one should either point to a different folder, or
go away. Redundancy is generally not a good thing, especially not when yo=
have 2 buttons right next to eachother doing the exact same thing.

And i agree about the network. I assumed that i got that message because
i never set the network settings in kcontrol? In that case i think it sho=
uld
fail graciously and maybe just show a message that this setting is either=

not available or not configured, possibly in the file area instead of in
a dialog.

Mvh
Troels