List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Fwd: [Konsole-devel] clipboard behaviour
From:       Joseph Manojlovich <josephm () mail ! sis ! pitt ! edu>
Date:       2002-06-30 17:40:23

Am I the only one who finds this behavior extremely annoying? It seems
that I'm always smashing heads with this system. Example, just now, I
wanted to copy a web page from Konq into Kate, so I selected-all and
copied using the Konq menu (no "copy" entry in Konq's right mouse menu
?) and middle-mouse-clicked in Kate, only to get the last line I
selected while in Konsole.

I don't care that there are two ways to select and paste text, that's
great and all, but why does there have to be a different clipboard for
each? I can't think of another GUI that does this, and even KDE 2
didn't. Why exactly can't both techniques share the same clipboard?

I suppose everything works fine so long as you don't mix techniques
like I tend to, but I don't think that should be a problem.

--
Joe Manojlovich
josephm@sis.pitt.edu