List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KFileDialog toolbar
From:       Irwin K <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-06-29 18:51:06

On Saturday 29 June 2002 02:34 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> I really wonder what the concept behind the Gear-menu is. I expected it to
> be some sort of "configuration" menu, but in that case "New Directory" and
> "Delete" don't belong there at all. Neither does "Properties" actually.

I remember that there was some discussion (maybe not here) about how every
toolbar function should appear as a menu.

Would it be a good idea to have a menu in the KFileDialog box?  It's not very
traditional, but it may be a good idea if we're running into a lot of
confusion.

Personally, the only thing I use in the Gear menu is "New Directory".  I don't
even know what else is in there.

--
-- Arcana  (Irwin)