List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: K Menu layout idea
From:       "Gordon Tyler" <gordon () doxxx ! net>
Date:       2002-05-31 22:40:36

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Ellsworth" <whalesuit@softhome.net>

> I got down laying out the dialogs for the task-based menu layout.  Here's
> one to change a program that's already on a menu:
> Screenshot:
> http://eeric.dnsalias.net/kde_usability/new_KMenu/add_program.ui.png
> UI File:
> http://eeric.dnsalias.net/kde_usability/new_KMenu/add_program.ui
>
> And to add a new program (or submenu) to a menu:
> Screenshot:
> http://eeric.dnsalias.net/kde_usability/new_KMenu/add_program2.ui.png
> UI File:
> http://eeric.dnsalias.net/kde_usability/new_KMenu/add_program2.ui

A few suggestions regarding both:

- Close should be on the far right of the dialog
- Provide a button to browse for the program to add if it's not in the list?
- Perhaps the dialog should handle adding only one program at a time and
thus the Add button moves to the bottom, left of the Close and Close becomes
Cancel?

And regarding the second dialog, it shows the "Use a different program for"
list as if you can select something which will affect the operation but it
doesn't, right? Do you really need to show the list?

Ciao,
Gordon