List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Mailing Trolltech..
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-27 8:43:51

Christian A Strømmen [Number1/NumeroUno] wrote:

> First off.. Just finished my military career on friday, and will soon be
> getting a lot more active on this list the next weeks.. Planning on
> writing new kicker docs next week, there aren't anybody working on these
> already are there?..

Dirk Doerflinger is the Kicker documenter, and is very active.

The KControl docs, you have open season on.  They are nominally maintained
by me, which really means, I update them if I get time, late in the release
cycle, since they tend to change so much.

Just be careful of two things:
Don't rename files without letting me know, it dumps existing translations
(you ought to know that Christian :)
Make sure it's valid before you commit, if you are committing yourself - an
invalid document will break the kdebase compile and get you heartily yelled
at.

You can run them by me first if you want to, if you need help with the
markup, or ask for help with a markup review on kde-doc-english, otherwise
I usually give them a once-over when they are in CVS to make sure they are
consistently marked up with the rest of KDE docs, and the proofreading team
will give it a once-over for grammar and spelling as well.

Cheers,
--
Lauri Watts