List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kcontrol: mouse setup confusion
From:       Alexei Podtelezhnikov <apodtele () mccammon ! ucsd ! edu>
Date:       2002-02-25 3:03:49

Hi Aaron,

I haven't seen your fixes make it to kde-cvs. Did I just miss 'em?

After thinking some more about double-click with changing pointers enabled,
I think I agree with you  that this doesn't make sense at most cases. However,
how about this ...

Let's split the double-click into two clicks: the first one selects the item,
the second activates/opens it. In-between we anable changing pointer over the
selected item. As a result we have a sort of intermediate behavior: right in
the middle of single and double-click present now. Personally, this would be my
choice of mouce setup - I like to click once to select (without fancy delays)
and once to activate the just-selected item.

Remember Windows with the option to adjust the pace of the double-click? This
issue doesn't exist in the described behavior. A tetris-master and
elderly aunt-Antie will be equally successful with the _split_ double click.

Thanks,
A.