List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: menu coloring
From:       Adrian Codre <codreadrian () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-02-18 20:01:03

On Monday 18 February 2002 16:55, Jono Bacon wrote:
> - We need to ensure that the menu doesnt look too cluttered when a user
> uses lots of programs - i.e -  limit the number of entries.

Yes, and maybe coloring in function of the number of time the program was
lunched: if the program was lunched 1 time the color will be light blue
and if the program was lunched say 30 times the color will be dark blue

>         - We need to consider a very subtle way of conveying this - maybe
> putting a little alarm clock or something on the right side of the image -
> colouring the line may be a bit intrusive.

another aproach is to color the menu after x seconds from when it was opened
or color when was opened and erase the color after x seconds

>         - It might be an idea to group the recently used programs at the
> top of each submenu and recolour them. This would mean the user can go
> stright to the top of the menu to load a recently used app without having
> to scan through the menu for the relevent colours.
>
>         Jono

i don't think it is a good idea

--
"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
one ring to bring them all... and in the darkness bind them"