List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: menu coloring
From:       Emerald Arcana <emerald-arcana () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-02-19 4:23:24

On February 18, 2002 09:55 am, Jono Bacon wrote:
> 	- We need to consider a very subtle way of conveying this - maybe putting
> a little alarm clock or something on the right side of the image -
> colouring the line may be a bit intrusive.

What's wrong with the colouring?  I thought the way that it was done in the
example was quite nice.  The blue is a pleasant colour, and the entry wasn't
blocked off using solid lines or anything.

One issue is making sure it looks good for all colour schemes, though.  What
happens if you like your KMenu baby blue?  Will this be yet another
customizable option in KDE's look and feel?  Is there a way to calculate
colours such that for all colours, we can find a pleasant-looking
complimentary colour with which to highlight KMenu items?

--
-- Arcana