List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Reviewing Usability Reports (was Re: KJumpingCube initial evaluation)
From:       "Jennifer E Jobst" <jobst () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2002-01-25 16:27:05

>Ben, please don't take this as a flame. Consider this a "Usability Report"
>on your Usability Report, with suggestions on how it could be changed to
>make it *more* useful to the developers.

Perhaps one of the steps of the Usability Report process might be for the
report author to post the report to the list, give one week for feedback,
and if the report author doesn't get feedback, he/she can assume the report
is OK. Or perhaps having a few people as a "report review board," much like
they do for the Linux Documentation Project, would be better to ensure that
each report actually gets reviewed. Does this seem like a worthwhile step
to add to the process?

Also, it might be helpful to come up with a "sweet talk" form letter to
send to developers when contacting them with a usability report. Perhaps
several form letters would be better: one for the initial contact asking
them if there's any interest in a usability report, another if they say
they'd like to see the usability report, and another if they say they
really don't have time/don't care about usability. I can take a stab at
writing some drafts if anyone thinks this might be useful to have.

-j

Jennifer E. Jobst
Linux Information Development
IBM Linux Technology Services