List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KJumpingCube initial evaluation
From:       Benjamin Meyer <icefox () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2002-01-25 13:31:04

Thank you for the report on my report.  I will go through and clean them up
before posting next time.

>> snip

> > Rather then "Computer Plays Player1" have it be "Computer is Player1" in
> > Settings Menu
>
> Why? What possible gain does this provide? This will cause work for at
> least 42 translators *plus* the developer, so if you're going to do string
> changes, make sure there's a good reason. "It just sounds better" is *not*
> a reason here.

Actually he stopped working on the project so I am the one that is going to
have to go in and fix these.

The reason is that there are 2 menu items that can be checked.
Comptuer plays Player 1
Computer plays Player 2

It makes it sound like it is in fact a 2 player game in which you will trade
the keyboard with your friend at the end of your game not that the computer
will play as player 1 against you.

> > In the status bar
> > "Executing move" rather then "doing move"
>
> Why use computer-speak?

Executing is the best thing we (#kde) could come up with.  "doing move"
simply sounds wrong.  I may have bad english skills, but I know that there
must be something better.

> snip
>
> > "Skill" menu rename to "Computer Skill" in settings.
>
> Again, why?

Is it asking what my skill is or the skill to set the at?  That is why.

> Use the format "state; input; expected output; discovered output".
> snip

Sounds good.  I will do that.  Just for the record this was originally just
my notes on the app for later review and then the author pretty much handed
me over the app so I was posting the report to see if anyone had anything
else for me to do while I was fixing them.

-Benjamin Meyer