List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: [kde-solaris] Solaris packages
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-26 16:05:28

Hej Mats,

the packages are compiled with gcc-2.95.2. I once tried to compile KDE 2.0
with Workshop 5, which is the version before forte. It didn't work at all,
because the compiler isn't ANSI C++ compatible. But I don't have forte here,
so I never tried.
Did anyone on this list?

My boyfriend has 2 alphas and what I understood from his experiences, kde
basically runs, but here are a lot of compiler problems on the alpha - the
compilers not always produce correct code.

Still KDE seems to be mostly working with 64bit, but there still can be bugs.
Everything that is completely based on QT classes works, since QT is 64bit
clean. But parts are coded in a C-ish style with a little bit of C++ around
and there might be problems. And also it is not sure that the external libs
can be compiled with 64bit.
Is it possible to mix 64bit and 32bit libs on Sparc?

Greetings,
eva