List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    [kde-solaris] Artsd far from idle
From:       Keith Refson <Keith.Refson () earth ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-08-27 9:13:51

It's fantastic that artsd and the media player work under Solaris for the
first time with KDE 2.2.

It's inevitable, I suppose that there will be some teething problems.  Has
anyone else experienced the same symptoms

1. Artsd uses CPU even when it should be idle, ie no sound being played.
    This can be anything from 40-75% of the total.

2.  There is a very long delay on initiating play of a WAV or mp3 file --
     several seconds, and response to the media player controls is
     very sluggish.

This is on an Ultra 1/170 with 128MB of memory running Solaris 8 (MU 3).

Keith Refson
nFrom Keith.Refson@earth.ox.ac.uk Sat Sep  1 13:26:37 2001