List:       kde-solaris
Subject:    Re: Fwd: [kde-solaris] kprinter expects libcups with symbol main()
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <matze () stud ! fbi ! fh-darmstadt ! de>
Date:       2002-06-27 10:37:40

Hi Achim,

the solution is rather straight forward:

you make up a dummy.c that contains something like:

int main(void) { return 0; }

then you edit the makefile.am in the directory where the library sources are
and add the dummy.c file to the sources of libcups

I had to use this trick, too, when building the kde packages for solaris 8

The real error is probably somewhere in libtool, but I didn't bother to search
for it.

regards,
	matze

On Thursday 27 June 2002 11:08, you wrote:

> Subject: [kde-solaris] kprinter expects libcups with symbol main()
> Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:02:54 +0200
> From: Achim Bohnet <ach@mpe.mpg.de>
> To: kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
>
> Hi,
>
> I've installed the new cups 1.1.15.  Now kprinter (from solaris8 prebuild
>  packages) complains:
>
> ld.so.1: kprinter: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/libcups.so.2:
>  symbol main: referenced symbol not found
>
> Anyone knows how to create a lib with main() included?
>
> Thx,
> Achim
> --
>   To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is
>   a koan. Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.
>   You discover truth everytime you use it.
>                                       -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com

Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze@stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"