List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] United forces
From:       Agnieszka Czajkowska <agnieszka () imagegalaxy ! de>
Date:       2001-06-23 8:38:53

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 06:30:52PM -0700, Jono Bacon wrote:

> Aga...we genuinely value you and your work. I have not
> seen it as of yet...but from reading the number of
> emails from people conncerned that you are upset and

I was upset about some reactions but not that ppl did not like the cover
pic. If you want to look at it: http://www.obscuro.org/zinegirl1.png or
http://capsi.com/~cap/zinegirl1.png

> not involved it shows we care. Although we are all
> contributers, we are all friends (and I am looking
> forward to buying you a drink if you come over to the
> UK expos). I hope that a disagreement over art has not
> hindered your enthusiasm for the project. Like Shawn
> said (and I 100% agree as I am a musician
> myself)...art is personal...and we must respect that,
> but we must also have the courage to take criticism
> (so long as it is constructive).

Sure, and at some point the discussion was confusing. I didn't want to cause
general discussion about morality with my cover and I thought the best
way to end it, was to remove the pic.

I'm not good at writing long postings, but maybe I should have written one
more sentence about my reasons for removing the pic. Some of you might think
now, that I'm offended and don't accept critisism at all. That's not true.
I'm very strict tomyself when it comes to my artwork and there are not many
peaces I'm satisfied with. I show my stuff to other ppl and just wait for that they \
find something to improve.
But this is not the point here, I'm aware that you all think that my drawing
is technicly good. I don't get paid for the stuff I'm doing here and it
doesn't really matter to me if it's gonna taken or not. I'm not the one who
decides. This cover pic was obviously a gaffe and I've taken it away.
So I'm not offended or sad that you didn't like the motive. However, I was
just disturbed by some comments where my pic was compared to some naughty
men magazine and that it caused a debate on principles.

I hope I could make my point clearer now.

Regards,
Aga.

--
IMAGEgalaxy  - Artwork and Web Design from Outer Space
http://www.imagegalaxy.de