List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] United forces
From:       Jono Bacon <jonobacon () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-06-23 1:30:52

OK this goes out to Aga and the rest of the KDE
team...developers, translaters, promoters and arts
etc.

We need to remember a few things when working in the
KDE community. First, we are all volunteers and do
this for fun so should expect a friendly atmosphere.
Second, that we are all friends.

I really like being involved with such a fantastic
group of people. You are all great and although I love
working on KDE, it is you...the KDE community that
drives me. When I see things like this situation with
Aga, Mosfets behaviour etc, it makes me feel like
things are dropping to bits. Although this is not the
case of course.

Aga...we genuinely value you and your work. I have not
seen it as of yet...but from reading the number of
emails from people conncerned that you are upset and
not involved it shows we care. Although we are all
contributers, we are all friends (and I am looking
forward to buying you a drink if you come over to the
UK expos). I hope that a disagreement over art has not
hindered your enthusiasm for the project. Like Shawn
said (and I 100% agree as I am a musician
myself)...art is personal...and we must respect that,
but we must also have the courage to take criticism
(so long as it is constructive).

Cheers,

         Jono

=====