List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Zine : mea-culpa, let's go, reacting ...
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       2001-06-22 23:04:34

LEFEBVRE Herve wrote:

[ ... ]

Hi,

Welcome back to the project!  Great to see that you are enthusiastic and
ready to contribute!

As to your points below, please bear in mind that the point of the
project was, at least at the outset, to promote KDE.  So long as the
project is associated with KDE, the project has to keep the interests of
KDE as pinnacle and keep the interests of the Zine project secondary --
as the point of the project is in this case to promote KDE, that is only
natural.

On the other hand, if you want to take the project away from KDE and
make it independent (but still be the KDE-Zine), then you are much freer
to do as you want.  Then you can focus on promoting the KDE Zine rather
than promoting KDE.  So you could follow the model of the Linux Journal
or so, which covers Linux but is not associated with Linux.  In other
words, if the KDE Zine covers KDE but is not associated with the KDE
Project, then you will be much freer to do with it as you or other
contributors like.  Of course there are drawbacks to disassociating from
KDE as well, but these drawbacks can be overcome.

You don't have to decide your approach now, but it is something you will
hopefully bear in mind as you work on the project.

Regards,

Dre