List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] re: attention Andreas
From:       Dirk Doerflinger <ddoerflinger () web ! de>
Date:       2001-06-20 21:09:33

Hi all,

sorry, I didn't want to post within this thread.
I recently talked to Agnieszka about tha issue. I think we have different
oppinions about that, but IMHO that's not really a problem.
If the majority votes for that cover or whatever, I will be the last who
would try to block it or whatever.
But, like somebody else pointed out before, IMHO if only _one_ person (in
this case: woman) feels offended by something, it should be done in another
way!

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 22:40, Darian Lanx wrote:
> Have you ever seen an issue iof a printed magazine, where the title page
> resembles tightly what the magazine is about?
> Title pages are printed to be eye candy, they sometimes paraphrase the
> issues whole content but even that has become rare.
> Therefore I discard this argument. Bceause if i wanted to do what you
> silently suggest I would have to put up a screen shot of kdevelop with some
> source code open
If this was done like e.g. on c't-covers (big german computer magazine), I
mean in a good artwork, why not?
Only because other Magazines do something, it doesn't mean kdezine also has
to do it. KDE doesn't implement Smarttags, only because another big "Desktop
Enviroment" uses it, for example.
<disclaimer>
Note, this doesn't mean that _everything_ has to be different.
</disclaimer>

> > That said, if we don't end up with any other candidates this one will
> > do.
>
> There will be no other candidate. This draft has been decided on before it
> was released for review. This is the cover draft for issue one. Though it
> will be improved in quality the motiv will stay
Err, I'm jus wondering, when and how this decision was made. Darian, I
understand very much, that it's very hard to get _any_ decision made within
the zine Mailinglist / context, but IMHO should such "big" decisions like the
cover of the _first_ issue be decided in the whole community. If there is a
mail like "please decide" and nobody answers to it, OK, then this is "not a
no" == "yes", but without any question....

Greetings,
DD

- --
Dirk Doerflinger