List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] The Dot
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-05-29 19:29:21

As most fo you probably already noticed, The Dot is down again. A lot of KDE
related keywords show up in Google with a link to dot.kde.org and a lot of
people probably try to visit on a regular base because it's the premiere KDE
news site. So, it's _bad_ promo to have it down so frequently.

Perhaps we should consider hosting it elsewhere? (of course Navindra has a
big say in this, but I cannot imagine he is pleased with all the down-time
either)

The Trolls are probably not a good idea to make sure noone flames us with
"see, KDE is controlled by QT, they even run the promo site". (yes, I know,
that is ridiculous, but you all know such trolls will appear)

Max (master.kde.org) is probably overloaded as well already..

My ADSL line would probably not be sufficient either.. ;-)

Any ideas or offers anyone? I don't know what kind of setup is required to
run it, but it shouldn't be too exotic, I guess. Where are all those
companies in the KDE League when you need them? ;-)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest