List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Programming presentation
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-25 18:33:03

On Friday 25 May 2001 17:44, Mathias Waack wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'll give a short presentation about KDE programming for our local
> UUG. Maybe you can reuse the slides in any way, you can find it at
> http://www.atoll-net.de/~mathias/kde_prog/

Great. Interesting stuff. More concrete (how to program this or that) than my
usual presentation about kde as a development framework... interesting.

This is quite a big presentation... how long is it going to last ? Looks like material
for more than 2.5 hours :)

Oh BTW, my latest slides are at http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/IST2001

> The slides are created using KPresenter (of course). The presenter
> has some problems loading the slides, it crashes sometimes. But after
Hmm, you're using koffice-1.0 then ? 1.1-beta2 is much better...

PS: typos on page 24. "Asynchronouse" (final e is wrong), and assoziations instead of assocations :)

About kdeprint, if you can test kde-2.2-alpha1 or alpha2, you'll immediately see what it brings:
more page-related functions (like "1-5;9" etc.), integration with CUPS and other printing systems,
"print to PDF" feature, "send as fax" etc. Mail goffioul@imec.be in case of technical questions :)