List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: contracting someone to help us out
From:       Kenny Duffus <kenny () kde ! org>
Date:       2016-12-15 11:15:18

On Monday, 5 December 2016 22:19:46 GMT, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> At the board meeting last weekend we discussed which area of KDE would
> benefit the most from some paid support by a contractor for a limited
> time and where we would get the most bang for the buck so to speak. We
> have discussed various options, including fundraising and website
> coding. In the end in our opinion it seems best to get someone who can
> support you, the KDE Promo Team. The board has various ideas for the
> specific tasks for the person but I'd like to hear from you if you
> generally agree with getting a contractor and what you think the
> person should focus on.

Something that I hadn't really thought of before qtcon was how important
others being technically competent is to being able to work well with us
(and not make them a liability, it was so bad that we lost person-weeks of
other peoples time handling them)

We take being able to use email/mailing lists/webapps/irc as easy things
that anyone should be able to do but that isn't always the case.

Hopefully not a problem for this but something to think about.

--

	Kenny